Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pizza Dough made with Beer



I was in need of a quick dough for two medium sized pizzas, one a garden vegetable, and the other pepperoni. I found a couple of contenders in a search on the web. I have 200 cookbooks but my first thought is Google. Always.

I found a recipe that called for a bottle of beer and that totally reminded me of my mom's beer bread recipe. She photocopied her recipe card and paper clipped it to the bread chapter page in the Betty Crocker's cookbook she gave to me at my very first dinner party.

The pizza dough recipe asked for 4 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of quick yeast, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, as well as the beer.

Kneaded for 7 minutes by the mixer and let rise for a half to 2 hours.


Good dough however the house smelled like a brewery for the day.

No comments: