Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cold Somen Noodle Bowl with Homemade Smoked Salmon Sushi



I am fascinated with noodles and these Somen are typically served cold although the hot versions sound yumski too.

This was a lunch for one. Me! The asparagus tips - so tiny, and carrot matchsticks, a whole shiitake, and baby bok choi were steamed al dente.

The noodles were boiled and returned to cold water. They came out pretty good considering how quickly they could have turned to mush.

I had a sauce for dipping, a combo of sesame oil and shoyu and dashi. It was perfect.


This was my first attempt at homemade sushi. 

I went to a favorite restaurant Friday for lunch and got a sushi component where the chef decides. He gave me a smoked salmon one and I loved it!

So I knew I had smoked salmon from Alaska in the cupboard, sooooo

I tried.

Yeah. It is not the greatest picture, and it didn't taste like my Friday lunch, but it was good, and it was good to try.

Are you trying any new dish? Would you like to share your results?

No comments: