Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Malibu chicken - All rolled up


When I was in high school, my best friend had a boy friend who was a few years older than us. He worked as a parking lot attendant and collect lots of one dollars as tips.  In the evening he would come over to my friend's house with a wad of money. She would then beg him to take her to Sizzler where she loved the cheese toast. Often I would go along for a ride and ended developing a certain attraction for the Malibu Chicken. Somehow I remember as a roll. So here it is



Pounded out a boneless, skinless chicken breast. My trick is to do this between two sheets of saran wrap.

Layer slices of ham and swiss cheese.


Rolled it up and secure with tooth picks.


Dip rolls in beaten eggs and bread them with Panko crumbs.


Bake until done. Served here with avocado, lime, and sour cream.

No comments: