Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Italian Wine Labels


I came across a brown paper bag with the words “Italian Wine Labels” written on it. Inside the bag there were maybe two dozen wine labels that were removed from the bottle. I was, for some reason, obsessed with this activity about 10 to 12 years ago. So I kept them all these years. Not surprising. I’m quite a pack rat.

My first thought was do something crafty for Christmas. Make them into ornaments. They are mostly 3 by 4 inch rectangles of paper. I thought I might glue them to balsa wood and hang them with a piece of ribbon.

When I mentioned my find and the potential craft, he immediately said scan them and make wrapping paper. What a crafty idea! At the very least it would preserve them as an image that can be reprinted forever.

No comments: