Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

In Memory Of Uncle Martin

I like pasta so much that I must have some Italian blood in me. I made spaghetti for lunch and it was so fulfilling. I'm not much of a big breakfast eater, so around lunchtime, I'm ready to stuff my face. I need something substantial when the weather gets chilly too. 
  
Plus it helps to promote memories. Ah sweet memories... About six years ago I went on a solo road trip to northern California. At one point I ended up in Occidental and there was an Italian restaurant named Negri's. It was just so Italian and so used to serving huge groups of people, and I was all alone and it was in the off hours so no one was there and the entire staff came out to greet me, seat me, and chat. Like a big Italian hug. 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

i'm the same way..don't like to eat breakfast. in fact sometimes i make myself eat so i won't go way off by lunch time.
i love pasta too, especially anything with pesto. yum. italian is my favorite.