Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Mashed Potato Chicken Pot Pie

For lunch today I decided to make these little pot pies. I have a set of six little ramekins purchased at the kitchen store awhile back. They are about the size for creme brule. 
  
This is sort of a Shepard's pie interpretation. First I make the mashed potatoes and set aside. I finely dice shallots, celery, and carrots, and saute them in butter. Add cubed cooked chicken that was leftover from our chicken dinner the night before. 
  
Next I assemble the pot pies. I add some meat and vegetable mixture to each ramekin, filling it up about halfway. To each ramekin I add a tablespoon of jar chicken gravy. 
  
Now I get a Ziploc or such large baggie and scoop in a good amount of mashed potato. Snip off a corner and extrude the potatoes in a way where each dish will have little peaky peaks that will get golden brown. Add finely grated Parmesan to the top.
  
Cook in a dish that will collect any overflow at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes. 

A small tasty bite for lunch.

1 comment:

my name is Amanda said...

Those look so damn good. I am totally going to make those. Sometime. (I tried creamed spinach tonight, and failed magnificently! Seems like it shouldn't be that complicated...)